Archive for March, 2012
- Biden’s Office Announces Criminal SentencingsWilmington – Criminal sentencings for a range of crimes were handed down this morning in New Castle County Superior Court, Attorney General Beau Biden’s office announced today. Several of those sentencings are highlighted below. Media seeking additional information about these cases or comment from a prosecutor should contact Jason Miller, Public Information Officer, at [...]March 30, 2012
- Governor’s Weekly Message: Make Government More Transparent Through Lobbying Reform BillGovernor Jack Markell talks about new legislation that would improve government transparency and citizens’ access to information by requiring that lobbyists specifically report on each piece of legislation, each area of the budget or the bond bill, or each proposed state agency regulation that they are lobbying to change and who they are talking with to try and make those changes.March 30, 2012
- Governor’s Weekly Message Transcript: Make Government More Transparent Through Lobbying Reform BillFormer Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis once said, “Sunlight is the best disinfectant,” and that’s as true today as it was when he first said it.March 30, 2012
- Lt. Governor Denn in Kent County Friday, March 30, 2012Speaks to 4th Graders at Sunnyside Elementary about Democracy
Provides Remarks to Early Childhood Professionals Conference
Welcomes State of Wyoming Main Street Program to DoverMarch 29, 2012
- 52nd Annual Governor’s Prayer Breakfast to Be Held on May 3 in DoverThe public is warmly invited to attend the 52nd Annual Governor’s Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, May 3 at the Modern Maturity Center in Dover. The focus of this year’s event is “Compassion,” and the guest speaker will be author, pastor and social activist, Dr. Tony Campolo.
March 29, 2012
- New Top Dog for the First FamilyDelaware’s First Family has a new member and her name is “Rue.” “Rue,” a playful, three-month old puppy with some pretty big paws has recently joined the Markell household.
March 28, 2012
- Lobbying Disclosure Bill Shines Critical Sunlight on Lawmaking ProcessA bill that would dramatically expand disclosure requirements for lobbyists was introduced today with broad bipartisan support. Governor Jack Markell joined Senate President Pro Tempore Tony DeLuca, House Speaker Bob Gilligan and legislators to introduce Senate Bill 185.March 28, 2012
- Attorney General Biden and Lieutenant Governor Denn Announce Plan to Combat CyberbullyingWilmington – Attorney General Beau Biden and Lt. Governor Matt Denn today announced a plan to put in place an effective statewide policy to combat cyberbullying in Delaware’s schools. The plan includes statewide public hearings to gather information to be used in developing the cyberbullying policy, and legislation designed to help school districts enforce the [...]March 27, 2012
- Lt. Gov. Denn and AG Biden Announce Public Hearing Dates and Plans to Combat CyberbullyingLt. Governor Matt Denn and Attorney General Beau Biden announced a plan today to put in place an effective statewide policy to combat cyberbullying in Delaware’s schools. March 27, 2012
- OHS Announces Start of Motorcycle Safety CampaignDover – Motorcycle crashes have been on the rise nationally for the past ten years. And in the last five, while fatal crashes involving a motorcyclist in Delaware have gone up and down, injury crashes have steadily increased. That is why the Delaware Office of Highway Safety (OHS) has launched a new Motorcycle Safety campaign titled Respect Your Ride. This campaign, aimed at motorcyclists, directs riders to www.MotorcyclesafetyDE.org, where they can find information about the proper tools and training to make them the safest rider they can be.March 27, 2012