State of Delaware - Search and Services/Information
Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA)
- DSHA and Dover Interfaith Mission for Housing Celebrate Grand Opening of Supporting Housing and Goal of Reaching 500 Homes Three former shelter residents today have a home to call their own thanks to the efforts of the Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) and Dover Interfaith Mission for Housing (DIMH) which together celebrated the milestone of the 500th home assisted through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) by opening DIMH’s first permanent supportive housing residence in Dover. This previously foreclosed and vacant home will provide stable housing for employed, income-qualified residents formerly housed at DIMH’s shelter.
November 19, 2013
- NCSHA Recognizes State Rental Assistance Program with National Award Delaware’s State Rental Assistance Program (SRAP) received national attention last week when it was honored with an Award for Program Excellence during the National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) 2013 Annual Conference & Showplace in New Orleans, LA. This year’s conference was attended by more than 900 affordable housing industry professionals.
November 4, 2013
- New Incentive Announced to Help Delaware Place Top Educators in High-Need Classrooms DSHA has partnered with the Department of Education (DOE) to offer reduced interest rates on mortgages for teachers in the Delaware Talent Cooperative, a group of high performing educators who have committed to work in schools with a significant proportion of disadvantaged studentsOctober 21, 2013
- Governor Markell, U.S. Senator Coons and U.S. Senator Carper to Cut Ribbon at Delaware Affordable Apartment Community Governor Markell will attend the ribbon cutting ceremony at Heron Run Apartments in Smyrna.October 11, 2013
- DSHA to Hold Small Business Contractor Forum The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) will be holding a free Small Business Contractor Forum on Thursday, September 5, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at the Liberty Court Community Building, 1289 Walker Road in Dover.
August 27, 2013
- "Keeping Your Home Afloat": DSHA and Partners to Host Statewide Foreclosure Prevention Open House The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA), in partnership with five local housing counseling agencies, is hosting “Keeping Your Home Afloat”, a Statewide Foreclosure Prevention Open House, on Monday, July 22nd from 5:00pm to 7:30pm. Attendees will learn how the Making Home Affordable Program may be able to help them reduce the amount they owe on their mortgage. Homeowners who are “underwater”, or owe more than their homes are worth, are especially encouraged to come get more information about the MHA Program’s Principal Reduction Alternative.July 15, 2013
- MAKING HOME AFFORDABLE PROGRAM EXTENDED – More Homeowners Will Qualify for Mortgage Relief! The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) announced last month that it will be taking the lead in a new outreach project designed to expand the relief options available to homeowners who are struggling with their mortgages. The Making Home Affordable Outreach and Intake Project aims to help homeowners avoid mortgage default by seeking resolutions through the Making Home Affordable (MHA) Program, the cornerstone of President Obama’s plan to offer lasting relief to homeowners in financial distress.July 12, 2013
- DSHA Announces the Recipients of More Than $2.85 Million in CDBG and HOME Funds The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) today announced that 17 communities and scattered sites will receive funds from the state’s Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME). More than $2.85 million will be divided amongst the municipalities of Kent and Sussex Counties for housing rehabilitation, water/sewer hookups, demolition, a planning study, street repair, curb/sidewalk installation, and administration to benefit low- to moderate-income families and individuals.
July 11, 2013
- DSHA Receives Grant to Help Homeowners Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) Director Anas Ben Addi today announced that DSHA was awarded $91,722 from the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) for comprehensive housing counseling services to be performed by three sub-grantees – First State Community Action Agency, NCALL Research, Inc., and YWCA Center for Homeownership. This is the first time DSHA has received funding as an intermediary for comprehensive counseling services from HUD.
July 2, 2013
- Delaware Homeownership Relief Expands Outreach The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) and the Delaware Attorney General’s Office joined forces to launch “Delaware Homeowner Relief”, an initiative created using a portion of funds Delaware received through the Multistate Mortgage Foreclosure Settlement between the federal government and five of the nation’s largest mortgage-servicing banks.June 10, 2013
- Delaware Offers Tax Credit for First-Time Homebuyers Governor Jack Markell joined Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) Director Anas Ben Addi and other federal, state and local officials to celebrate Delaware Homeownership Month and to announce a new program that will allow first-time homebuyers to claim a credit on their federal income taxes.June 4, 2013
- Delaware to Assist Manufactured Homeowners The new Manufactured Housing Assistance Program (MHAP) has been made available through Delaware Homeowner Relief — a partnership of the Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) and the Delaware Attorney General’s Office.April 15, 2013
- DSHA Awarded $5.1 Million To Create Housing For The Disabled Delaware awarded $5.1 million to create and sustain 170 units of affordable housing over five years for persons with disabilities through the Section 811 Project Rental Assistance Demonstration Program. March 27, 2013
- DSHA's Loans for Heroes Helps Delaware Veterans Find a Place to Call Home in the First State Loans for Heroes, which provides veterans with reduced mortgage rates, has funded $3.3 million in mortgage loans since it launched in May of 2012.November 9, 2012
- 2012 Conference On Housing Hosted By DSHA And Governor Jack Markell: A Successful Discussion On All Things Housing Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) along with Governor Markell and their partners today held the 2012 Governor’s Conference on Housing. The event brought together over 400 housing professionals and residents from throughout Delaware and surrounding states to discuss important issues in housing ranging from homeownership, affordable rental housing, special needs populations and other hot topics. Attendees had the opportunity to discuss regional, state and local perspectives on today’s affordable housing climate, and the event provided strategies to address current and future housing needs.October 11, 2012