State of Delaware - Search and Services/Information
Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA)
- Delaware State Housing Authority Homebuyer Fair is Great SuccessThe Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA), in partnership with The Money School and the Delaware Federation of Housing Counselors, held its annual Homebuyer Fair on Saturday, April 5, 2014, at the Chase Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington, Delaware. The Fair – geared toward providing prospective homebuyers with the opportunity to learn about the steps in purchasing a home – was a great success for the fourth year in a row.
- DSHA Announces 2013 Top Lender of the YearDelaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) announces the recipient of the 2013 Top Producing Lender Award - Trident Mortgage. Last year, Trident Mortgage successfully secured more than $29 million in mortgage loans for 188 families through DSHA’s homeownership programs. This is the fifth year in a row Trident Mortgage has earned DSHA’s Top Producing Lender Award, helping more than 710 families with more than $113 million in DSHA’s mortgages since 2009.2014-03-04 11:00:56
- DSHA and Dover Interfaith Mission for Housing Celebrate Grand Opening of Supporting Housing and Goal of Reaching 500 HomesThree former shelter residents today have a home to call their own thanks to the efforts of the Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) and Dover Interfaith Mission for Housing (DIMH) which together celebrated the milestone of the 500th home assisted through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) by opening DIMH’s first permanent supportive housing residence in Dover. This previously foreclosed and vacant home will provide stable housing for employed, income-qualified residents formerly housed at DIMH’s shelter.
- NCSHA Recognizes State Rental Assistance Program with National AwardDelaware’s State Rental Assistance Program (SRAP) received national attention last week when it was honored with an Award for Program Excellence during the National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) 2013 Annual Conference & Showplace in New Orleans, LA. This year’s conference was attended by more than 900 affordable housing industry professionals.
- New Incentive Announced to Help Delaware Place Top Educators in High-Need Classrooms DSHA has partnered with the Department of Education (DOE) to offer reduced interest rates on mortgages for teachers in the Delaware Talent Cooperative, a group of high performing educators who have committed to work in schools with a significant proportion of disadvantaged students2013-10-21 12:22:35
- Governor Markell, U.S. Senator Coons and U.S. Senator Carper to Cut Ribbon at Delaware Affordable Apartment CommunityGovernor Markell will attend the ribbon cutting ceremony at Heron Run Apartments in Smyrna.2013-10-11 14:56:35
- DSHA to Hold Small Business Contractor ForumThe Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) will be holding a free Small Business Contractor Forum on Thursday, September 5, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at the Liberty Court Community Building, 1289 Walker Road in Dover.
- "Keeping Your Home Afloat": DSHA and Partners to Host Statewide Foreclosure Prevention Open HouseThe Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA), in partnership with five local housing counseling agencies, is hosting “Keeping Your Home Afloat”, a Statewide Foreclosure Prevention Open House, on Monday, July 22nd from 5:00pm to 7:30pm. Attendees will learn how the Making Home Affordable Program may be able to help them reduce the amount they owe on their mortgage. Homeowners who are “underwater”, or owe more than their homes are worth, are especially encouraged to come get more information about the MHA Program’s Principal Reduction Alternative.2013-07-15 09:32:40
- MAKING HOME AFFORDABLE PROGRAM EXTENDED – More Homeowners Will Qualify for Mortgage Relief! The Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) announced last month that it will be taking the lead in a new outreach project designed to expand the relief options available to homeowners who are struggling with their mortgages. The Making Home Affordable Outreach and Intake Project aims to help homeowners avoid mortgage default by seeking resolutions through the Making Home Affordable (MHA) Program, the cornerstone of President Obama’s plan to offer lasting relief to homeowners in financial distress.2013-07-12 11:23:25
- DSHA Announces the Recipients of More Than $2.85 Million in CDBG and HOME FundsThe Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) today announced that 17 communities and scattered sites will receive funds from the state’s Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME). More than $2.85 million will be divided amongst the municipalities of Kent and Sussex Counties for housing rehabilitation, water/sewer hookups, demolition, a planning study, street repair, curb/sidewalk installation, and administration to benefit low- to moderate-income families and individuals.
- DSHA Receives Grant to Help HomeownersDelaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) Director Anas Ben Addi today announced that DSHA was awarded $91,722 from the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) for comprehensive housing counseling services to be performed by three sub-grantees – First State Community Action Agency, NCALL Research, Inc., and YWCA Center for Homeownership. This is the first time DSHA has received funding as an intermediary for comprehensive counseling services from HUD.
- Delaware Homeownership Relief Expands OutreachThe Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) and the Delaware Attorney General’s Office joined forces to launch “Delaware Homeowner Relief”, an initiative created using a portion of funds Delaware received through the Multistate Mortgage Foreclosure Settlement between the federal government and five of the nation’s largest mortgage-servicing banks.2013-06-10 13:29:14
- Delaware Offers Tax Credit for First-Time HomebuyersGovernor Jack Markell joined Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) Director Anas Ben Addi and other federal, state and local officials to celebrate Delaware Homeownership Month and to announce a new program that will allow first-time homebuyers to claim a credit on their federal income taxes.2013-06-04 16:48:57
- Delaware to Assist Manufactured Homeowners The new Manufactured Housing Assistance Program (MHAP) has been made available through Delaware Homeowner Relief — a partnership of the Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) and the Delaware Attorney General’s Office.2013-04-15 17:05:32
- DSHA Awarded $5.1 Million To Create Housing For The DisabledDelaware awarded $5.1 million to create and sustain 170 units of affordable housing over five years for persons with disabilities through the Section 811 Project Rental Assistance Demonstration Program. 2013-03-27 10:35:04