Posts tagged with “Delaware”
- Summer 2013 lecture/tours of the hull of the DeBraak, a shipwrecked 18th-century British warshipLecture/tours of the hull of His Majesty’s Sloop DeBraak, an 18th century British warship that sank off the Delaware coast on May 25, 1798. May 7, 2013
- Delaware releases historic preservation plan for 2013–2017The Delaware Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs has recently released “Preserving Our Past for a Better Future: Delaware’s Historic Preservation Plan, 2013–2017.” May 3, 2013
- Ramona Maziarz to display detailed pen and ink drawings in Mezzanine Gallery in MayThe artist explores nature by going on routine walks; along the way gathering different subject matter that resonate with her. She often uses leaves and twigs and other materials that many people tend to overlook. April 30, 2013
- Governor Jack Markell Presents Donated Books to Terry Children’s CenterWilmington – Applauding the public’s generosity during a month-long book drive in February, today Governor Jack Markell presented a portion of 3,000 books donated to the Terry Children’s Center (TCC). Joined by Secretary Jennifer Ranji of the Delaware Children’s Department and TCC staff, Governor Markell indicated that the large stacks of books displayed behind him [...]April 11, 2013
- Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet April 19 in WilmingtonThe Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, April 19, at the DuPont Environmental Education Center, 1400 Delmarva Lane, Wilmington, DE 19801.
April 4, 2013
- DNREC’s Sportsmen Against Hunger program distributes nearly 19,000 pounds of venison to Delawareans in needDuring the 2012-2013 deer season, hunters donated 18,761 pounds of venison from 708 deer to the Delaware Sportsmen Against Hunger Program. DNREC Division of Fish and Wildlife staff is working to distribute the frozen ground venison to more than 30 charitable organizations and food pantries throughout the state to provide meals for needy Delawareans.
April 4, 2013
- Anglers reminded that harvesting river herring is prohibitedDNREC’s Division of Fish and Wildlife reminds recreational anglers and commercial watermen that harvest or possession of river herring, a popular baitfish, is illegal in Delaware. Anglers must have a valid receipt from a state or jurisdiction where harvest is still permitted to possess river herring.April 4, 2013
- Jessica Stephens to Display Jewelry Inspired by Landscapes in the Mezzanine Gallery in AprilThe artist experiments with different materials such as coral, sterling silver, copper, and enamel. Relying heavily on line and basic geometric forms, Stephens’ intention is to create abstract and fragmented topographic studies.April 2, 2013
- DNREC’s Division of Parks and Recreation holds lifeguard tryoutsDelaware State Parks Beach Patrol is seeking qualified applicants to fill ocean lifeguard positions at five of Delaware’s premier swimming beaches in Sussex County. Tryouts for interested applicants will be held at the Freeman Fitness Center at Sea Colony in Bethany Beach at 8 a.m. on April 2 and 27. March 27, 2013
- Lt. Governor Denn Talks with Religious Leaders and Congregations This WeekendThis weekend, Lt. Governor Matt Denn will visit with clergy and church members to continue talking about his Faith, Family & Foster Care Initiative. March 15, 2013