Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet April 19 in Wilmington
(April 4, 2013) – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, April 19, at the DuPont Environmental Education Center, 1400 Delmarva Lane, Wilmington, DE 19801.
Topics on the agenda include:
· Call to order, introductions
· Public comments (20–minute cap, priority given to written comments)
· Approval of minutes from January 24, 2013 meeting
· Bottle fee collection update
· Carpet Recycling Strategy Subcommittee meeting report out
· Universal Recycling Grant applications
· Recycling market update
· Old/new business
· Additional public comments
· Next meeting: May 23, 2013, DelDOT Felton/Farmington Room, Dover DE 19901
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into state law by Senate Bill 234 in May 2010 and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit http://www.awm.delaware.gov/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Bill Miller, DNREC Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section at 302-739-9403.
Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902
Vol. 43, No. 127