Delaware’s Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Wednesday, July 27 in Middletown
DOVER – The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 1 – 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 27, at the Appoquinimink Library, 651 N. Broad Street #101, Middletown, DE 19709.
Topics on the agenda include:
- Public Comments (20-minute cap, priority given to written comments)
- Presentation by Tanya Whyte, Delaware Green Mattress Disassembling & Recycling, LLC
- Approval of minutes from May 8 meeting
- Funding status of Universal Recycling Grants and Low Interest Loan Program
- Cycle 7 Recycling Grants Applications funding recommendations
- Legislative update (HB 202)
- Universal Recycling regulations
- Recycling market update
- Old/new business
The Recycling Public Advisory Council was enacted into law by Senate Bill 234 in May, 2010, and charged with advising the Governor’s Office, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, and the Delaware Solid Waste Authority on all aspects of recycling, including: development of grant criteria and selection of applications; a methodology for measuring recycling rates; and possible outreach activities designed to achieve higher recycling rates.
For more information on the Recycling Public Advisory Council, please visit www.dnrec.delaware.gov/whs/awm/Info/Pages/RPAC.aspx.
For more information or for directions to the meeting location, please contact Bill Miller, Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section, at 302-739-9403.