DNREC continues soliciting comments on older regulations during department’s regulatory review process
DOVER – In accordance with 29 Delaware Code, § 10407, the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control is conducting a review of agency regulations that have not been amended during the last four years. A listing of regulations subject to this review (PDF) can be found on DNREC’s website. The three-month review period began Aug. 4 and concludes Nov. 4.
DNREC is now seeking public comment as to whether or not the regulations subject to this review should be amended or possibly eliminated. Comments should be as specific as possible and include a reference to the relevant regulation. Public comments may be submitted in a variety of ways as listed below:
- Using the electronic comment form (comments can be submitted anonymously)
- By email to DNREC Hearing Officer Lisa Vest
- In writing, c/o Lisa Vest, Hearing Officer, DNREC, 89 Kings Highway, Dover, DE 19901
“DNREC is eager to hear from the regulated community and the citizens of Delaware regarding recommendations to streamline and improve environmental regulation in Delaware,” said DNREC Deputy Secretary Kara Coats, who is overseeing the department’s regulatory review process.
In addition to accepting written comment at any time during the review period, DNREC will hold three public hearings next month to receive verbal comments from the public. The agency’s public hearings are scheduled as follows:
- 6:00 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 15 at DNREC’s Auditorium, 89 Kings Highway SW, Dover, DE 19901
- 6:00 p.m. Monday, Sept. 19 at Sussex Central High School Auditorium, 26026 Patriot’s Way, Georgetown, DE 19947
- 6:00 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016, at Appoquinimink Public Library, Meeting Rooms I and II, 651 N. Broad Street #101, Middletown, DE 19709
For more information, please email Michelle Jacobs or call 302-739-9069.
Media Contact: Michelle Jacobs, DNREC Small Business Ombudsman, 302-739-9069
Vol. 46, No. 310