DNREC to hold public hearing Nov. 21 in Dover for proposed Universal Recycling Regulations
DOVER – DNREC’s Division of Waste & Hazardous Substances will conduct a public hearing on Delaware’s proposed Universal Recycling Regulations Monday, Nov. 21 starting at 4 p.m. in the DNREC Auditorium, 89 Kings Highway SW, Dover, DE 19901.
Purposes of the proposed Universal Recycling Regulations are to ensure:
- that the proper programs and collection services for recyclable materials are implemented, maintained, and consistent with the law;
- that the collected recycled materials are diverted from landfill disposal or incineration;
- that the recyclable materials are otherwise properly processed and enter the marketplace;
- that recycling in Delaware can be effectively measured; and
- that waste diversion is maximized through the reduction of solid waste deposited in the state’s landfills.
The proposed Universal Recycling Regulations can be found on DNREC’s website or viewed at DNREC’s Richardson & Robbins Building, 89 Kings Highway SW, Dover, DE 19901. For more information or to obtain a copy of the proposed regulations, please contact Don Long of DNREC’s Recycling Team and the Solid & Hazardous Waste Management Section at 302-739-9403 (ext . 8) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The public comment period on the proposed Universal Recycling Regulations opened Tuesday, Nov. 1. Anyone may submit comments in writing on the proposed regulations by 4:30 p.m. Dec. 9. If you are unable to attend the public hearing, you may still submit written public comments. It is requested that those interested in presenting statements at the public hearing register in advance by Nov. 18, and that statements and written comments on the proposed recycling regulations be addressed to: Robert Haynes, Esq., Hearing Officer, DNREC, 89 Kings Highway SW, Dover, DE. 19901, or email Robert.Haynes@delaware.gov.
Media Contact: Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902
Vol. 46, No. 367