Two Dover Men Plead Guilty to Fatal Shooting of 19-Year-Old

Drug trafficker sentenced to 25 years in prison

Two Dover men entered guilty pleas in Kent County Superior Court for their roles in the shooting death of another man during a marijuana deal that turned into a robbery and homicide. Deputy Attorneys General Steve Welch and Ben Snyder secured the pleas from 20-year old Damier Harmon and 21-year old Bruce Manlove. In May 2015, Harmon and Manlove attempted to rob 19-year-old Gary Adams in the Walker Woods neighborhood in Dover. The three began to fight, and Adams was shot. Harmon pled guilty to Murder Second Degree and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, and faces 18 years to life in prison. Manlove pled to Robbery First Degree and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, and faces 6 to 50 years in prison. The pair will be sentenced in February.

Deputy Attorney General Sonia Augusthy secured a prison sentence for 25-year-old Adrin Smack of Wilmington, one of the key players in a drug trafficking ring in New Castle County. More than 40 people were indicted on charges including drug distribution, weapons possession, possession of illegal drugs, and conspiracy as part of Operation Smack Down in 2015. Smack sold heroin throughout the Sparrow Run development in Bear. In March 2016, Smack pled guilty to four counts of Drug Dealing, Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited, and Conspiracy Second Degree. Superior Court Judge John Parkins, Jr. sentenced Smack to a total of 14 years in prison, followed by probation.

Deputy Attorney General Diana Dunn secured a guilty plea from Lamar Stanley, 35, of Wilmington for Rape Fourth Degree. Stanley repeatedly had sex with a teenager who eventually became pregnant. Stanley told the girl not to tell anyone they had sex because he didn’t want to go to jail. A presentence investigation was ordered by Judge William Carpenter, with Stanley’s sentencing scheduled for February 2017.

Deputy Attorney General Cari Chapman secured a plea from Wayne Carter, 26, of Wilmington for assailing his former girlfriend. In February 2016, Carter attacked the woman while she was housesitting for a friend. Carter, who entered the home while the victim was in the shower, hit her, beat her with a cable television wire, and as she tried to leave the house over the course of several hours, wrapped a chain around her neck to choke her, and cut her with a large kitchen knife. Carter pled guilty to Home Invasion, two counts of Strangulation, and two counts of Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony. Judge Andrea Rocanelli ordered a presentence investigation, and scheduled sentencing for February 2017.