Conviction, Sentence In Two Separate Kent County Murders

For Immediate Release

Contact: Julia Lawes – 302-577-8901


Conviction, Sentence In Two Separate Kent County Murders


Robbery, Rape of Child, Strangulation, and Rape At College Also Resolved


A Kent County Superior Court judge found Daiquan T. Bordley guilty of Murder First Degree, Robbery First Degree, Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, and Conspiracy Second Degree following a week-long bench trial. Deputy Attorneys General Lindsay Taylor and Alicia Porter prosecuted the case with help of Detective Dan Grassi, paralegal Sue Balik, social workers Kerry McElwee and Esther Powell, and administrative assistants Gina Chambers and Sam Huey. Judge Witham found that Bordley killed Dontray Hendricks, shooting him in the chest at close range after Hendricks had been lured to Port Mahon with the plan of robbing him. Two conspirators of Bordley — Zhyhee Harmon and Chelsea Braunskill — previously pled guilty for their roles in the crime. Bordley will be sentenced by a Superior Court judge in October.


A 53-year old Felton woman was sentenced to 22 years in prison for the death of her grandson in Felton.  In September 2016, Angela Mossinger-Bingham suffocated the 3-year old, before repeatedly and unsuccessfully attempting to take her own life.  Mossinger-Bingham pled guilty to Murder in the 2nd Degree and a Superior Court judge sentenced her to 22 years in prison followed by work release, home confinement, and probation. The plea and sentence was the result of evaluating the reports of multiple mental health experts and weighing their impact upon the defendant’s moral culpability. Deputy Attorneys General Marie Graham and Stephen Smith prosecuted the case, with Detective Jon King of the Delaware State Police as lead investigator.  DOJ social worker Kerry McElwee, Administrative Assistant Crystal Kahn, and paralegal Sue Balik assisted on the case.


Delgene Ray, a 23-year-old Townsend man, was sentenced by a Superior Court judge to 18 months in prison followed by 6 months of home confinement, on convictions for Robbery in the Second Degree and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.  In May 2017, Ray approached a woman in a restaurant parking lot in New Castle, after she had put her child in her vehicle.  He attempted to rip her purse from her shoulder and a struggle ensued.  The victim fell to the ground and the robber left the scene with her stolen purse.  A review of surveillance video from local businesses resulted in the identification of Ray, and he was located and arrested.  Deputy Attorney General Matthew Bloom prosecuted the case.


A Superior Court judge sentenced John Young, a 25-year-old man from Bridgeville, to 25 years in prison followed by 15 years of probation for sexually abusing a child. Deputy Attorney General Casey L. Ewart secured a guilty plea from Young to Rape 2nd Degree and Contempt of Court for performing oral sex on a 7-year-old girl in January 2018 and violating a no contact order that had been imposed by the Court.  As a result of this conviction, Young is required to register as a Tier III sex offender for the rest of his life.  Det. Christopher Story of the Laurel Police Department was the chief investigating officer for this case, and the prosecution was assisted by DOJ administrative specialist Angelique Waters, paralegal Veronica McKain, and social worker Carla Ennals.


George Bishop, 37 of Newark pled guilty to Strangulation, Tampering with a Witness, and Assault 3rd, In December 2017, Bishop assaulted his girlfriend by punching, strangling, and pouring bleach on her. Following initial charges, Bishop violated a protective order, which led to additional charges. Deputy Attorney General Anna Currier prosecuted the case assisted by DOJ social worker Stacey Murphy.  He will be sentenced by a Superior Court judge in December.


Deputy Attorney General Jan van Amerongen secured a guilty plea from Jason Kramer, who pled to Rape Fourth Degree. Kramer, a 20-year-old man from Wilmington, will be sentenced by a Superior Court judge in November and faces up to 15 years in prison. The rape occurred in the spring of 2017 on University of Delaware’s campus, where Kramer was a student at the time.