The Division of the Arts to Host Annual State Employee Art Exhibition
More than 270 state employees and their family members have registered to show artwork at Delaware State University Art Center/Gallery
Dover, Del. (February 5, 2019) – The free exhibition will be open to the public from February 25 to March 18, 2019 at the Art Center/Gallery at Delaware State University, Dover. The reception and awards ceremony will be held on Sunday, March 17 at 1 p.m. in the Longwood Auditorium, Bank of America Building at Delaware State University. Prizes to be awarded include:
- Adult, Amateur, Intermediate and Professional: 3 – First Place Awards of $350; 3 – Second Place Awards of $250; and 3 – Third Place Awards of $150
- Youth / Teen: 2 – First Place Awards of $150; 2- Second Place Awards of $100; and 2 – Third Place Awards of $50
- A Best of Show Award of $400
- An Art Education Award of $200 for reimbursement for arts instruction and materials
- People’s Choice Award, Facebook and in-person ballot
Additional awards including Honorable Mentions will be awarded at the discretion of the judges. Awards are limited to one cash award per artist per classification.
Sponsored by the National Arts Program in support and cooperation with the State of Delaware and the Delaware Division of the Arts, the exhibit is judged by professional artists and visual art professionals. The Delaware State Employee Art Exhibition is designed to give artists at all skill levels a unique opportunity to exhibit their creative work and to compete for cash prizes.
Participants must be a current employee or immediate family member of a current employee of the State of Delaware. All entries must be the original work of the applicant and completed within the last three years. View last year’s participant artwork.
Monday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Saturday, 3/2 and 3/9 from noon to 4 p.m. Visitor information
Contact: Leeann Wallett, Program Officer, Communications and Marketing