DNREC to hold public workshops April 16 on gasoline vapors and proposed Underground Storage Tank regulations
DOVER – The Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control’s Division of Air Quality and the Tank Management Section within DNREC’s Division of Waste & Hazardous Substances will hold two public workshops next month on proposed vapor emission recovery and vapor emission control at gasoline-dispensing stations and on changes to Delaware’s Underground Storage Tank (UST) Regulations as required by new federal UST regulations.
Both workshops will be held Tuesday, April 16, with one upstate workshop and one downstate, as follow:
- New Castle County: 10 a.m., at DNREC’s Lukens Drive field office, 391 Lukens Drive, New Castle, DE 19720; and
- Kent and Sussex Counties: 6:30 p.m., DNREC Auditorium, Richardson & Robbins Building, 89 Kings Highway, Dover, DE 19901.
At the workshops, staff from the Division of Air Quality and the Tank Management Section will discuss proposed regulatory changes to:
- Phase out Stage II vapor recovery systems at Delaware gasoline dispensing facilities;
- Ensure gasoline USTs remain vapor tight once Stage II systems are removed; and
- Review changes required due to promulgation of new federal UST regulations.
Contact: Joanna Wilson or Michael Globetti, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902
Vol. 49, No. 72