Man Convicted of Three Rapes Including Two Cold Cases Gets Life in Prison

Other defendants receive prison sentences for fatal shootings

Kili Mayfield, a man convicted of raping 3 women over the course of 7 years will spend the rest of his life in prison. Mayfield, 40, of Bear, was arrested in June 2018 after being linked to the raping, beating, and strangling of a woman and 2 other sexual assaults for rapes that occurred in 2010, 2014 and 2017. The prosecution occurred thanks to the federally-funded Sexual Assault Kit Initiative (SAKI), through which the state Criminal Justice Council, Delaware Department of Justice, state Division of Forensic Science and law enforcement agencies are working to identify offenders by reviewing cases in which there were untested sexual assault kits. In a non-jury trial in July 2019, Mayfield was convicted of 4 counts of Rape First Degree, 4 counts of Rape Second Degree, and 1 count each of Kidnapping First Degree, Strangulation, and Assault Third Degree. A Superior Court judge sentenced Mayfield to life plus 127 years in prison. Deputy Attorneys General Eric Zubrow and Jillian Schroeder prosecuted the case.

A 25-year-old Wilmington man has been sentenced to prison for his role in a murder and robbery of a city business. In January 2017, Devonte Dorsett, along with a then 14-year-old accomplice, demanded cash from the clerk at the Lancaster Market in the 100 block of North Clayton Street. A struggle ensued, and Dorsett fatally shot 64-year-old Santanu Muhuri in the head. In May 2018, Dorsett pleaded guilty to Murder Second Degree, 2 counts of Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony and 1 count of Robbery First Degree. A Superior Court judge sentenced Dorsett to 35 years in prison. Dorsett’s accomplice pleaded guilty in February 2018 in Family Court to Criminally Negligent Homicide, Robbery First Degree, and Conspiracy Second Degree. A Judge sentenced him to 3 years in a juvenile detention facility followed by an aftercare program. The judge also extended jurisdiction over the juvenile until age 21 at the State’s request. Deputy Attorney General Daniel McBride prosecuted the case with paralegal Stacey Coupe and social worker Donna Lindsay. Detective Mackenzie Kirlin of the Wilmington Police Department led the investigation.

A 24-year-old Wilmington man pleaded guilty to the 2014 killing of a New Castle teenager. Deputy Attorneys General Martin Cosgrove, Rebecca Anderson, and Haley King secured the plea to Manslaughter and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony from Jacquez Robinson. In November 2014, Robinson shot and killed 18-year-old Malik Watson in the 100 block of West Ninth Street in New Castle. Robinson was arrested a week later after fleeing from the scene of a shooting near the intersection of Lancaster Avenue and North Franklin Street in Wilmington. A Superior Court judge immediately sentenced Robinson to ten 10 years in prison, followed by 2 years of probation. DOJ victim advocate Carla Ennals and paralegal Lisa Loikith assisted with the prosecution.