DNREC’s Natural Resources Police team up with U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program
DNREC Secretary Shawn M. Garvin, Cpl. Andrew Manning of Delaware State Parks Natural Resources Police, and 6-year-old zoo visitor Huxley Young prepare to add presents to the Toys for Tots donation box at the Brandywine Zoo in Wilmington. Secretary Garvin and DNREC Natural Resources Police officers gathered at the zoo today to encourage the public to donate toys as gifts to less fortunate children at DNREC locations statewide by Dec. 12/ DNREC photo: Joanna Wilson
DOVER – DNREC Natural Resources Police units from Delaware State Parks, the Division of Fish & Wildlife, and the Environmental Crimes Unit within DNREC’s Division of Community Affairs have teamed up with the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program to provide toys for children in local communities for the holidays.
The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots collects new, unwrapped toys suitable for boys and girls of all ages, and distributes those toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in communities nationwide.
Toys will be accepted through Thursday, Dec. 12 at the following drop-off locations:
• All Delaware State Park offices statewide, including the Brandywine Zoo, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Natural Resources Police office in Sussex County at 23530 Campbell Circle, Georgetown, DE 19947, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Environmental Crimes Unit offices at 715 Grantham Lane, New Castle, DE 19720, and 97 Commerce Way, Suite 106, Dover, DE 19904, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• DNREC Richardson & Robbins Building, 89 Kings Highway, Dover, DE 19901, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Various locations and events throughout the state attended by Natural Resources Police officers.
For more information, or for the dates and locations of upcoming events where toys can be donated, please contact Delaware State Parks Cpl. Andy Manning at email@example.com or 302-855-2113, Sgt. Brooke Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-739-9913, or PFC Rebecca Schuman, at Rebecca.email@example.com, or 302-739-9401.
Media contact: Joanna Wilson, DNREC Public Affairs, 302-739-9902.