Delaware Division of the Arts Welcomes Public Input on Strategic Plan
The strategic plan for FY2022 – FY2026 to be released in March 2021
Dover, Del. (October 8, 2020) – The Division has partnered with the Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement to develop a new strategic plan for FY2022–FY2026 that identifies and incorporates the ideas, issues and initiatives of Delaware’s arts community including its artists, organizations, audiences and educators.
This strategic plan will reinforce and recognize the value of the arts as it relates to economic prosperity, education, strong communities, and individual health and wellbeing.
A primary focus in this planning process will be to identify ways in which the Division can better serve and elevate the arts sector in an equitable manner to cultivate expanded diversity and inclusion in programming, access, and allocation of resources.
The public input process will include one-on-one phone and virtual interviews with individuals, focus groups, multiple online surveys and virtual town halls.
October 2020 (by invitation only)
Thirty interviews with national and state leaders and stakeholders whose work exemplifies areas of interest to the Division, reveals important trends that can shape the Division’s future work, or offers visionary ideas that provide inspiration for the plan. The selected individuals will represent the diversity of Delaware’s communities.
Focus groups will represent a variety of perspectives, including of:
- Arts organizations
- Arts-related businesses
- Community-based arts education
- Community-based arts programming
- Individual Artists
- School-based arts education
November 2020 (open to the public)
- Variations of the survey will be available, based on the perspective of the individual completing the survey. Categories will include, but not be limited to, practicing artists, arts administrators, patrons, educators, audience members
- Survey results will be aggregated to inform the broader strategic planning process
- Notice of the online surveys with corresponding links, will be sent by email in November, posted on arts.delaware.gov/strategic-plan/, and promoted through social media. The surveys will be open from November 16-25, 2020
Virtual Town Halls
The town halls will focus on various themes that emerge from the one-on-one interviews, focus groups, and Division Strategic Planning Working Group. Pre-registration will be required to receive a link to a virtual meeting. Town halls are designed to:
- Be conducted as Zoom sessions, during which all Delaware constituents will have an opportunity to provide input
- Engage all interested Delawareans to participate in one or more meetings to have their thoughts and opinions heard
- Provide a safe space to contribute to the discussion
In late February 2021, a draft of the Division’s new Strategic Plan for FY2022-FY2026 will be released for public input, and in March 2021, the final plan will be formally approved by the Delaware State Arts Council and printed and published on the Division’s website at arts.delaware.gov/strategic-plan/.
Contact: Leeann Wallett, Program Officer, Communications and Marketing
The Delaware Division of the Arts, a branch of the Delaware Department of State, is dedicated to cultivating and supporting the arts to enhance the quality of life for all Delawareans. Together with its advisory body, the Delaware State Arts Council, the Division administers grants and programs that support arts programming, educate the public, increase awareness of the arts, and integrate the arts into all facets of Delaware life. For more information about the Delaware Division of the Arts, visit arts.delaware.gov or call 302-577-8278.