The Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) announces to motorists that the final preparations to shift traffic to the I-95 Rehabilitation Phase 1 traffic pattern will require various closures on I-95 Northbound through Wilmington from Thursday, February 25 through Saturday, February 27, 2021.
Motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes such as SR 2, SR 141, I-495 or US 13 to reach their destination. For additional information for the I-95 Corridor Project, please visit www.restorethecorridor.com.
TIMES AND DATES:
Thursday February 25, 10 PM until 5 AM Friday, February 26
• FULL CLOSURE, I-95 NB from the I-495 Split to US 202 Interchange
• CLOSED, Martin Luther King Boulevard WB to I-95 NB & SB
Friday February 26, 5AM until 10 PM:
• REDUCED LANE CAPACITY, I-95 NB from I-495 Split to US 202 Interchange
• OPEN, Exit 6 I-95 NB off-ramp to MLK Boulevard
• OPEN, Exit 7 I-95 NB off-ramp to Delaware Avenue
• OPEN, 10th St./Adams St. on-ramp to I-95 NB
• OPEN, Adams St./Delaware Ave. on-ramp to I-95NB
Friday February 26, 10 PM until 6:00 AM Saturday February 27
• FULL CLOSURE, I-95 NB between I-495 Split and US 202 Interchange
• CLOSED, Exit 6 I-95 NB off-ramp to MLK Boulevard
• CLOSED, Exit 7 I-95 NB off-ramp to Delaware Avenue
• CLOSED, 10th St./Adams St. I-95 NB on-ramp (see Detour to I-95N on-ramp at Delaware Ave/Adams St. below)
• OPEN, Adams St./ Delaware Ave. on-ramp to I-95 NB
Saturday, February 27, 6:00 AM:
• I-95 NB AND SB TRAFFIC IN ‘CONTRA-FLOW’ PHASE 1 TRAFFIC PATTERN (reduced lanes I-95 NB and SB)
• OPEN – All I-95 Southbound On- and Off-Ramps
• OPEN – “New” I-95 NB Exit to MLK Boulevard Eastbound
• OPEN – I-95 NB On-Ramp from Delaware Ave./Adams St. (adjustments to the ramp alignment to be done at a later date)
Detour signage will be posted. Motorists traveling through Delaware will be directed to use I-495 NB, motorists going into Wilmington will be directed to use I-495 NB to Exit 1, US 13 N, and motorists heading to US 202 will be directed to use I-95 NB to Exit 5B, SR 141 NB.