More than 200 state employees and their family members have registered to show artwork at Delaware State University Art Center/Gallery
Dover, Del. (February 16, 2022) – The Delaware Division of the Arts is hosting the 11th annual Delaware State Employee Art Exhibition. The free exhibition will be open to the public from February 21 to March 14, 2022 at the Art Center/Gallery at Delaware State University, Dover. This year, more than 200 State of Delaware employees and their family members submitted artwork and will be competing for awards and cash prizes. Prizes to be awarded include:
- Adult, Amateur, Intermediate and Professional: First Place Awards of $350; Second Place Awards of $250; and Third Place Awards of $150
- Youth / Teen: First Place Awards of $150; Second Place Awards of $100; and Third Place Awards of $50
- A Best of Show Award of $400
- An Art Education Award of $200 for reimbursement for arts instruction and materials
- People’s Choice Award, Facebook and in-person ballot
Additional awards including Honorable Mentions will be awarded at the discretion of the judges. Awards are limited to one cash award per artist per classification.
Visitors are invited to join Division and Art Center/Gallery staff for a special, weekend-long celebration of all this year’s participants and to see the winning artwork during the exhibition’s final weekend, Saturday, March 12 and Sunday, March 13 from 12-4 p.m. There will be activities, snacks, and giveaways for Gallery visitors.
The exhibition at the Arts Center/Gallery can be viewed during these hours:
- Monday: Closed to the public
- Tuesday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Wednesday-Friday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Saturdays, March 5 and March 12: 12-4 p.m.
- Sunday, March 13: 12-4 p.m.
Full visitor information can be found here.
Sponsored by the National Arts Program in support and cooperation with the State of Delaware and the Delaware Division of the Arts, the exhibit is judged by professional artists and visual art professionals. The Delaware State Employee Art Exhibition is designed to give artists at all skill levels a unique opportunity to exhibit their creative work and to compete for cash prizes.
Participants must be a current employee or immediate family member of a current employee of the State of Delaware. All entries must be the original work of the applicant and completed within the last three years. View last year’s participant artwork.
Contact: Kaitlin Ammon, Program Officer, Marketing and Communications