Media Advisory: 2017 Delaware Arts Summit – Arts for All: Transforming Individuals & Communities
2017 Delaware Arts Summit:
Arts for All: Transforming Individuals & Communities
WHAT: The Arts Summit brings together Delaware’s arts community to connect, learn, and get inspired. The speakers and sessions will illuminate ways to create value and increase the impact of the arts to purposefully enhance well-being, understanding, learning, and creativity for all. Sessions include:
- Activism and Advocacy
- Intentional Practice
- Breaking Stereotypes
- Effective Marketing
- Sensitivity and Accessibility
- The Power of Volunteers
WHEN: Monday, October 30 2017 from 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. Full Summit schedule available online.
WHERE: Dover Downs Hotel & Casino: Click here for directions.
WHO: Featured speakers and workshop leaders will be:
- First Lady Tracey Quillen Carney, State of Delaware
- The Honorable Bethany Hall-Long, Lt. Governor
- The Honorable Jeffrey W. Bullock, Secretary of State
- Paul Weagraff, Director, Delaware Division of the Arts
- J. Mack Wathen, Chair, Delaware State Arts Council
- Dan Cruce, Board President, Delaware Arts Alliance
- Keynote Speaker:
- Liz Lerman, Choreographer, Performer, Writer, Educator, Speaker
- Workshop Leaders:
- Carol Barnett, Planner, DE Division of Services for the Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities, New Castle, DE
- Kelly Barsdate, Chief Program and Planning Officer, National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, Washington, D.C.
- Randi Korn, Founding Director, Randi Korn & Associates, Inc., Alexandria, VA
- Chris McLeod, Principal, CLM Marketing, Washington, D.C.
- Jennie Smith-Peers, Executive Director, National Center for Creative Aging, Washington, D.C.
- Sheri Wilensky Burke, Sheri Wilensky Burke Consulting LLC, Philadelphia, PA
- Artist Performers:
- Fearless Improv, City Theater Company, featuring cast members Jana Savini, Mary Catherine Kelley, Dave Duszak, and George Tietze, uses listening, support, and yes-anding to create a show, on the spot, that magnifies the absurdity of the human experience.
- Outreach Ensemble, Delaware Choral Society: Formed in 2014, the Delaware Choral Society (DCS) Outreach Ensemble is a subset of DCS. The group, directed by James Byrne and accompanied by Bryan Roscoe, performs for business and civic events as well as in hospital and residential facilities.
OTHER: Tickets are still available: $55 walk-in registration – check or exact cash only at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino. For more information on Summit speakers, artists, events and location, please visit: arts.delaware.gov/summit/.
We will be live tweeting throughout the day using #DEArtsSummit. Tag us on Twitter and Facebook at: @ArtsDelaware.
The lunchtime performance and keynote presentation starting at 11:45 will be livestreamed on Facebook. Check our page for more details: https://www.facebook.com/ArtsDelaware
Contact: Leeann Wallett, Program Officer, Communications and Marketing