Traffic Safety News – Driver Behavior Survey
It only takes a few minutes on the highway to know that people drive in all different ways. Some drive fast. Some drive slow. Some choose to follow the rules of the road, while others do not. Today, OHS is asking …what do you think about the way that you drive?
Get the Facts
Driving is serious business, but for most of us, it has been many years since we sat behind the wheel for the first time. Do you remember the things that you learned in Driver’s Ed class? Though laws change, the basics of safe driving behavior are the same now as they were then.
- Buckle Up. It’s the first thing you should do when you get in the car each and every time. Day and Night.
- Drive Sober. Never get behind the wheel when you are impaired by drugs or alcohol. Period.
- Share the Road. Be aware of what is going on around you. Look and listen for motorcycles. And remember to always look twice when changing lanes and pulling out from a stop.
- Don’t be That Guy. Don’t turn into the aggressive person who speeds, runs red lights, and weaves through traffic. Practice patience behind the wheel. And always obey the posted speed limit and traffic signs.
- Watch for Pedestrians. Everywhere you go, keep your eyes open for people walking near the roadway. Never assume that they will wait for you to pass. Always be ready to stop.
OHS wants to know your views on traffic safety throughout the state by taking this short, anonymous survey.
As our way of saying “thank you”, you may submit your name and contact information at the end of the survey for a chance to win 2 tickets to one of the 3 races in September at the Monster Mile, OHS Drive Sober team racing apparel (hats, shirts, lanyards, etc.), or tickets to Firefly 2014!
Drive Safe. Arrive Alive DE.
This message is being sent to you by the Office of Highway Safety, who asks you to drive safely at all times. For more information on this and other traffic safety programs, go to www.ohs.delaware.gov.