Delinquent Taxpayer Lists Published

In an effort to reduce ongoing outstanding tax balances, Delaware Division of Revenue Director Jennifer R. Hudson has announced publication of the Top 100 Delinquent Individual and Business Taxpayers lists to the State’s Delinquent Taxpayers website. By statute, the Division is required to post the names of the individuals and businesses who owe the most unpaid taxes to the state.

The published lists include the top business and personal taxpayers, each of whom owes a tax balance of more than $1,000, who were not on the last list that was published, and against whom the Division has filed a judgment. Collectively, the taxpayers included on the lists owe more than $3.6 million to the State.

Taxpayers who have entered into payment agreements with the Division of Revenue, who have filed for bankruptcy protection or who have a pending appeal of a proposed liability are excluded from the published lists.

“The Division of Revenue is committed to collecting all amounts that are owed to the State, and using all tools that are available to us to do so.” Hudson says. “While a large percentage of taxpayers resolve their liabilities to avoid having their names posted online, many others will wait until their names are actually published to resolve their accounts.”

If you have questions regarding the delinquent taxpayer lists, please contact the Delaware Division of Revenue’s Account Management Department at (302) 577-8785.

Delaware Tax Filing Deadlines Approach

The Division of Revenue would like to remind Delawareans who have not yet filed their tax returns that the deadlines are quickly approaching. Delaware corporate income tax returns are due on or before April 17, and the personal income tax deadline is April 30.

Taxpayers who do not file by the deadline because they have a balance due may face additional interest and penalties, which increases the total amount owed. Filing by the deadline will allow you to avoid penalties, even if you are unable to pay all or some of your taxes by the deadline. Payment arrangements can be made by calling (302) 577-8785. If you can’t file your return by the deadline, you can request an extension of time to file – but remember, this is not an extension of time to pay.

To speed the process, take advantage of electronic filing, which will make filing your taxes both accurate and easy. Personal tax filing assistance is also available for individuals and families with disabilities, or households that meet certain income requirements. Visit for more information.