COVID-19 Vaccination Event: Saturday, April 24 (First Dose)
Vaccination Event Information:
- live in Delaware, or work or receive health care in Delaware, or
- are a student at a Delaware college, or a Delaware resident who attends college elsewhere
you may sign up here for a first dose of Moderna vaccine on Saturday, April 24 at Dover International Speedway.
For students at Delaware colleges (DCAD, DSU, DTCC, GBC, UD, Wesley, Wilmington), you do not need to be a Delaware resident to be vaccinated, and may be either a full- or part-time student.
This vaccination event will use the Moderna vaccine, which requires two doses at least 28 days apart to be fully effective, meaning a second dose will be due on or after May 22. This second dose event will occur in Dover but not at Dover International Speedway. You will receive information when you are vaccinated, or by email later, about how to receive your second dose.
You must be 18 or older to receive this vaccine. The Moderna vaccine is not approved by the federal Food and Drug Administration for those under age 18. Do not make an appointment if you are under 18.
Once you are on the registration site, please choose a time and then complete the information on the next page in order to make an appointment.
***Please note the following important instructions for the day of the vaccination ***
- If you are a Delaware resident, please bring photo identification or other proof of residency and confirmation of your appointment.
- For non-resident individuals who work or receive health care in Delaware, you will have to show proof that you work in Delaware, such as a paystub or workplace ID, or are medically treated in Delaware, such as a medical bill. Please also being confirmation of your appointment.
- If you are a student at a Delaware college who is not a resident, please bring photo identification, a student ID or other proof you are a Delaware college student, and confirmation of your appointment.
- This is a drive-through event; you will remain in your vehicle to be vaccinated.
- Please arrive at Dover International Speedway at the time of your appointment. Arriving earlier will only cause you and others to have to wait longer.
- Only individuals with appointments will be vaccinated, but multiple people with appointments may arrive in the same vehicle.
- Please enter Dover International Speedway at 1000 Leipsic Road, Dover. Do not use the main entrance to the Speedway and Dover Downs Hotel and Casino from Route 13.
- Please print and fill out the vaccination information form and pre-vaccination screening found at https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/177/2021/04/2021-04-13_ir_form-English-1.pdf . You should fill the fields marked in yellow, NOT FIELDS MARKED IN GREEN. The pre-vaccination screening questions are about your health on the day of your appointment. If you cannot print and fill out the form in advance, copies will be available on site. This form is required for a second dose even though you filled it out for your first dose.
- If you have experienced dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting after any previous vaccinations or skin injections (like an IV of blood donation), please have someone else drive you to and from your vaccination appointment. Please also tell the person administering your vaccine about your history with any of these symptoms.
- If you have a disability for which you need an accommodation during your appointment, please call 1-833-643-1715 and press option 3, or email email@example.com
Thank you for protecting yourself and your community by being vaccinated.
Date: 04/24/2021 (Sat.)
Location: Dover International Speedway
1000 Leipsic Rd, Dover, DE 19901