Governor will meet with business leaders at small business roundtables and innovative business tours
WILMINGTON, Del. – Governor John Carney announced on Tuesday that he will spend August talking to Delaware business owners about Delaware’s economy, economic development, and the importance of supporting Delaware small businesses, innovators and entrepreneurs. Governor Carney also will sign two major pieces of legislation to modernize the Coastal Zone Act and to restructure Delaware’s economic development efforts.
“Delaware’s economy remains in a period of significant transition, and we’re focused on making sure our economy works for all Delawareans,” said Governor Carney. “That starts with improving access to good-paying jobs across our state. This month, I will sign into law pieces of legislation that will help revitalize Delaware’s abandoned industrial sites, and restructure our economic development efforts to support small business owners, innovators, and entrepreneurs. And I look forward to meeting with business leaders up and down our state to discuss their concerns, their thoughts and ideas for moving our state’s economy forward.”
Follow the Governor’s tour on social media using the hashtag #DEworks.
WHAT: Governor Carney will sign two major pieces of legislation to modernize the Coastal Zone Act and to restructure Delaware’s economic development efforts.
2:00 p.m., August 2 – House Bill 190 – Coastal Zone Act Modernization
– Location: Former General Chemical site, 6300 Philadelphia Pike, Claymont, DE 19703
2:00 p.m., August 14 – House Bill 226 – Economic Development Restructuring
– Location: Delaware Innovation Space, Building 500, DuPont Experimental Station, 200 Powder Mill Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803
WHAT: Governor Carney will meet with small business owners across the state to hear their thoughts, ideas and concerns at small business roundtables hosted by members of the General Assembly.
The following roundtables are invite-only for participants and open to the press.
3:30 p.m., August 3 – Middletown – Hosted by Representative Quinn Johnson
– Location: Middletown Area Chamber of Commerce, 402 N. Cass Street, Middletown, DE 19709
Noon, August 16 – Bethany Beach – Hosted by Senator Gerald Hocker
– Location: Cottage Cafe, 33034 Coastal Highway, Bethany Beach, DE
10 a.m., August 28 – Dover – Hosted by Senator Brian Bushweller
– Location: Becker Morgan Group, 309 S. Governors Ave, Dover, DE 19904
10:30 a.m., August 30 – Delaware City – Hosted by Representative Valerie Longhurst
– Location: Crabby Dick’s, 30 Clinton St, Delaware City, DE 19706
2:00 p.m., September 19 – Lewes – Hosted by Speaker Pete Schwartzkopf
– Location: Bethany Blues, 18385 Coastal Hwy, Lewes, DE 19958
2:30 p.m., October 10 – Seaford– Hosted by Representative Daniel Short
– Location: Seaford Public Library, 600 N. Market Street Ext., Seaford, DE 19973
4:30 p.m., October 26 – New Castle– Hosted by Senator Margaret Rose Henry and Representative J.J. Johnson
– Location: Bowlerama, 3031 New Castle Ave, New Castle, DE 19720
2:00 p.m., October 31 – Milton– Hosted by Representative Steve Smyk
– Location: Irish Eyes, 105 Union St, Milton, DE 19968
WHAT: Governor Carney will meet with business leaders and tour innovative businesses across Delaware.
The following tours are open to the press.
2:00 p.m., August 14 – Delaware Innovation Space – Alapocas
– Location: Building 500, DuPont Experimental Station, 200 Powder Mill Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803
3:00 p.m., August 18 – The Mill – Wilmington
– Location: 1007 N. Orange St, Wilmington, DE 19801
1:00 p.m., August 29 – Avalanche Industries – Selbyville
– Location: 144 Dixon St, Selbyville, DE 19975
3:30 p.m., August 30 – Incyte – Wilmington
– Location: 1801 Augustine Cut-off, Wilmington, DE 19803
*Additional details will be added to the Governor’s public schedule as they become available.
Built by the Government Information Center