- Commissioner Karen Weldin Stewart Engages Federal Policymakers - Protecting Consumers and Bolstering Markets are Priority Topics Last week, Karen Weldin Stewart met with members of her Congressional delegation to discuss insurance issues affecting the Delaware residents. Commissioner Stewart joined insurance regulators from more than 35 states and territories in Washington, D.C. to meet with representatives from various federal agencies as well as their elected Members of Congress. May 20, 2013
- Biden’s office secures closure of New Castle drug haven May 20, 2013
- Delaware boaters asked to help map recreational boating activity in Mid-Atlantic Ocean via survey Delaware recreational boaters have been asked to play a prominent role in helping to map future recreational Atlantic Ocean use by participating in the 2013 Mid-Atlantic Boater Survey. The survey is being conducted via the mid-Atlantic Regional Council on the Ocean (MARCO) to gain valuable and viable information about recreational boating activities throughout the region.
May 20, 2013
- Gov. Markell, cabinet secretaries join Delmarva Wellnet to celebrate success of food-scrap recycling program REPLENISH Governor Jack Markell, DNREC Secretary Collin O’Mara and Delaware Department of Agriculture Secretary Ed Kee joined Delmarva Wellnet Foundation-EDEN Delmarva members to celebrate the success of the foundation’s food recycling project REPLENISH.May 20, 2013
- DNREC and DelDOT announce project to build trail connector to protect pedestrian and bicyclists in White Clay Creek State Park May 20, 2013
- Division of Corporations 2012 Annual Report Released The Delaware Division of Corporations has released its 2012 Annual Report.May 20, 2013
- Delaware students compete in 2013 Junior Solar Sprint; Students designed, built and raced model cars powered by solar energy With the roar of full-sized NASCAR racers in the background, more than 80 middle and junior high school students from 10 schools participated in Delaware’s 19th Annual Junior Solar Sprint Competition on Wednesday, May 15 near the Monster Monument at Dover International Speedway in Dover. DNREC’s Division of Energy and Climate organized the event to educate students about renewable energy and the environment through a creative and exciting competition.
May 20, 2013
- Capitol Police Recognizes Officers for Outstanding Achievements Delaware Capitol Police were recognized for their quick thinking and acts of bravery during the New Castle County Courthouse shooting incident. May 20, 2013
- All-Hazard Mitigation Plan Public Meeting Scheduled The Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) has scheduled a public meeting on Thursday, May 23, 2012, to present updates to the State All-Hazard Mitigation Plan.May 20, 2013
- Recycling Public Advisory Council to meet Thursday, May 23 in Dover The Recycling Public Advisory Council (RPAC) will meet from 10 a.m. - noon Thursday, May 23, 2013 at the DelDot Felton/Farmington room, 800 Bay Road, Dover, DE 19901.
May 20, 2013
- 2013 CLICK IT OR TICKET “Border to Border” Enforcement May 20th On the morning of May 20th, Delaware will be joining forces with Pennsylvania and Maryland to mobilize the Click It or Ticket (CIOT) “Border to Border” enforcement operation. Delaware State Police and Delaware River and Bay Authority Police will be joining Pennsylvania law enforcement at the Delaware Memorial Bridge to provide increased seat belt enforcement at border sites including I-95, I-495, and I-295. Selbyville PD will be teaming up with Worchester County Sheriff’s Department on Rt. 113 at the Maryland/Delaware border to conduct seat belt enforcement. All agencies will be sending a ‘zero tolerance’ message to the public: Driving or riding unbuckled will result in a ticket, no matter what State. Several other states will also be participating in other areas along the northeast including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont, and Massachusetts.May 17, 2013
- Specialty crop grants available State officials are accepting applications from agricultural producers, nonprofit organizations, government entities, for-profit companies and educational institutions for projects promoting or enhancing the production of and access to Delaware specialty crops.May 17, 2013
- Governor's Weekly Message: Preparing Our Workforce for Jobs of the Future Governor Markell highlights statewide efforts to ensure Delaware’s workforce is trained and qualified for the ever-changing job market. May 17, 2013
- Governor's Weekly Message Transcript: Preparing Our Workforce for Jobs of the Future We are passionately focused on ensuring Delaware has a world class education system, but we also know learning does not end on graduation day.May 17, 2013
- House Passes Plan to Strengthen Teacher Preparation An educator preparation plan, pledged by the Governor in his 2013 State of the State passed the Delaware House today and now heads to the Governor’s desk for signature.May 16, 2013