- Governor Markell Announces State Employees of the YearGovernor Markell recognized and celebrated the efforts of the 2013 recipients of the Delaware Award for Excellence and Commitment in State Service.May 14, 2013
- School Board Elections will be held on May 14th from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.There will be School Board Elections in the Appoquinimink, Brandywine, Christina and Red CClay Consolidated School Districts on Tuesday, May 14th from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. School Board Elections are also being held in Kent and Sussex Counties.
May 13, 2013
- Click It or TicketThe Click It or Ticket campaign will be in full effect with statewide overtime seat belt enforcement starting Monday, May 13th through 27th. Daily enforcement traffic safety checkpoints and saturation patrols will be conducted day & night by 31 state, local, and municipal police agencies and statewide. Much of the enforcement will occur in the afternoons and evenings when the majority of unrestrained injuries and fatal crashes occur.May 13, 2013
- Sallie Mae Celebrates 40th AnniversaryGovernor Markell helped Sallie Mae celebrate 40 years of serving students and families in their pursuit of higher education.May 13, 2013
- Governor Markell declares May, Military Appreciation Month and May 10th as Military Spouse Appreciation DayGovernor Jack Markell, Commander and Chief of the Delaware National Guard, has declared May, 2013 National Military Appreciation Month and May 10th as Military Spouse Appreciation Day.May 10, 2013
- Unofficial results: Appoquinimink School District Referendum passesThe referendum passed 4,637 (for) to 3,023 (against).May 9, 2013
- NGA Chair Hosts Pittsburgh Institute on Employing People with DisabilitiesAs part of Delaware Gov. Jack Markell’s National Governors Association (NGA) Chair’s Initiative, A Better Bottom Line: Employing People with Disabilities, the governor and Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett are co-hosting an institute for state policymakers today and tomorrow.May 9, 2013
- Governor Signs Gun Background Check BillSurrounded by law enforcement, advocates for gun safety and lawmakers from both parties, Governor Jack Markell signed House Bill 35, the most significant piece of gun safety legislation in Delaware in decades.
May 8, 2013
- Markell, Carper, Coons, Carney announce funding to restore Prime Hook National Wildlife RefugeDelaware Governor Jack Markell and Delaware's Congressional Delegation announced funding to restore the marsh and dune system at Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge that has been degraded by coastal storms including Hurricane Sandy in 2012.
May 8, 2013
- Governor Signs Marriage Equality Bill Into LawJoined by legislators and community advocates on the steps inside Legislative Hall, Governor Jack Markell signed legislation to allow same-sex couples to marry, making Delaware the 11th state in the country to legalize same-sex marriage. May 7, 2013