State of Delaware - Search and Services/Information

State of Delaware - The Official Website of the First State State of Delaware - The Official Website of the First State
Services and Information

Office of Highway Safety

  • Highway Safety Officials Urge Caution After Four Fatal Crashes Occur in One WeekendFour fatal crashes occurred on Delaware roadways last weekend that claimed the lives of 5 individuals. The fatal crashes involved a motorcycle, scooter, and 2 motor vehicles. 2014-04-15 15:58:17
  • Delaware Participates in the U Drive. U Text. U Pay. National Distracted Driving Enforcement CampaignDelaware Office of Highway Safety (OHS) and Delaware law enforcement agencies are once again asking motorists to show how much they care about their loved ones by putting the phone down while driving. Law enforcement will be ticketing those who don’t follow the law during a statewide one-day enforcement blitz on April 11th as part of the U Drive. U Text. U Pay. campaign running nationwide from April 10-15.2014-04-10 16:20:22
  • St. Patrick’s DUI EnforcementOne DUI checkpoint is scheduled for Saturday March 15th in Wilmington. 2014-03-14 15:58:33
  • 92% of Delawareans Do This All The TimeDo you buckle up every time you get in a vehicle? 92% of Delawareans do, every trip every time. The Delaware Office of Highway Safety (OHS) and law enforcement officials are reminding the other 8% to buckle up. 2014-03-06 16:06:15
  • Delaware Continues to Crack Down on Cell Phone Use Behind The WheelDelaware Office of Highway Safety (OHS) and Delaware law enforcement agencies are asking motorists to show how much they care about their loved ones this Valentine’s Day by putting the phone down while driving. 2014-02-11 10:39:15
  • What Is Your Game Plan?The Delaware Office of Highway Safety and law enforcement officers are reminding everyone this Sunday that Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk with over 20 scheduled overtime DUI saturation patrols statewide and one DUI checkpoint in Wilmington. 2014-01-30 17:17:40
  • 2013 Delaware Traffic Fatality Report Shows Fatal Traffic DeclineDelaware Office of Highway Safety officials are pleased to announce a 13.6% drop in fatal traffic crashes, and an even greater 14.6% drop in Delaware’s traffic deaths for 2013. There were 95 fatal motor vehicle crashes resulting in 99 fatalities in 2013 compared to 110 fatal crashes resulting in 116 fatalities in 2012. This is the first time traffic fatalities have been under 100 in the last 50 years on First State roadways.2014-01-17 15:07:04
  • OHS Reminds Motorists ‘Buzzed Driving Is Drunk Driving’As 2013 comes to a close, the Office of Highway Safety (OHS) is reminding motorists to celebrate the holidays responsibly and designate a sober driver because ‘Buzzed Driving Is Drunk Driving’. 2013-12-24 14:34:32
  • OHS Wishes Motorists A Safe Driving HolidayAs the OHS 15th annual Safe Family Holiday Campaign continues, officers will be working overtime patrolling the roadways to ensure all motorists are buckled up, practicing patience behind the wheel, and using a designated sober driver if celebrating with friends and family during the holidays. 2013-12-20 11:36:55
  • Thanksgiving Weekend Enforcement ResultsPreliminary reports law enforcement agencies indicate that it was a quiet Thanksgiving weekend in Delaware with only 9 people arrested for Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of alcohol and/or drugs.2013-12-04 17:06:45
  • OHS Launches 15th Annual Safe Family Holiday Campaign Thanksgiving WeekOnce again thousands of Delawareans will be hitting the road to visit family and friends and even do some after Thanksgiving shopping. The Office of Highway Safety wants to remind motorists as they travel this holiday season to buckle up, practice patience behind the wheel, and if partaking in some holiday ‘spirits’ use a designated driver because Delaware law enforcement will be on high alert to make sure you arrive safely to your destination. 2013-11-25 16:43:45
  • DUI Enforcement ContinuesTwo DUI checkpoints are scheduled for this weekend in Camden and Bear. 2013-11-21 14:10:27
  • DUI Checkpoints Continue In NovemberDUI checkpoints are scheduled to take place this weekend in Elsmere and Millsboro. 2013-11-12 16:28:32
  • Delaware Cracks Down on Cell Phone Use Behind The WheelDelaware Office of Highway Safety (OHS) and Delaware law enforcement agencies will once again be cracking down on cell phone use behind the wheel with a statewide one day enforcement blitz on November 15th. This enforcement is a follow up to the Phone in One Hand. Ticket in the Other. campaign that took place earlier this year. 2013-11-12 12:44:19
  • First Two November DUI Checkpoints ScheduledThe first two November DUI checkpoints are scheduled to take place this weekend in Newport and Rehoboth Beach.2013-10-31 15:34:35