Posts tagged with “education”
- Governor’s Weekly Message: Celebrating Student Research, Supporting STEM EducationIn his weekly message, filmed at the Delaware Biotechnology Institute in Newark, Governor Markell is joined by the 2013 Delaware BioGENEius Challenge award winners: Anna Gonye from the Charter School of Wilmington, and Bansri Patel from Sussex Tech High School.
March 22, 2013
- Delaware Receives National Award for Innovative Education PolicyDelaware has won a national award for innovative education policy that is making systematic changes to improve student outcomes across the state.February 28, 2013
- March for the Arts in Education Month: Empowering Youth through the ArtsHighlighting the importance of the arts in every child’s education, Governor Jack Markell introduces Empowering Youth through the Arts, a series of videos that document outstanding arts programs being offered in arts organizations and cultural centers across the state.
February 27, 2013
- Twelve High School Students will Compete to be Named Delaware’s Poetry Out Loud State FinalistThe students will participate in the Poetry Out Loud state finals at the Smyrna Opera House on Wednesday, March 6 at 7 p.m. The event is free and the public is invited to attend. The winner will represent Delaware in the national Poetry Out Loud championship April 28-30, 2013.February 20, 2013
- Governor Markell: President’s Plan Grows Economy, Strengthens WorkforcePresident Obama outlined his plan to make the United States a more attractive place to do business in a State of the Union Address that focused on creating jobs and growing the middle class, Governor Markell said shortly after the speech.February 12, 2013
- Governor’s Weekly Message: Honoring Our Past During African American History MonthEvery year, we spend the month of February celebrating the history of the African American culture and its impact on our nation and the state of Delaware. We recognize the countless men and women who empowered future generations through their actions, their words and their unwavering commitment towards equality. African American History Month highlights, for 28 days, a portion of our past that has paved the way for future generations.February 8, 2013
- Governor’s Weekly Message: Preparing For Our Future by Strengthening Our SchoolsEarlier this week, we shared some exciting news regarding Delaware's public education system - next school year, nearly 1000 kindergarteners and first graders will be enrolled in our world language immersion program, spending half their school day learning in either Chinese or Spanish. Over the next decade, we expect that number to reach 10,000. It's one of many ways we're working to create a world class education system. February 1, 2013
- World Language Immersion Program Expands for 2013-2014 School YearNext fall, nearly 1000 kindergarteners and first graders will be enrolled in Governor Markell’s World Language Expansion Initiative.January 30, 2013
- Governor Markell Delivers FY14 Budget AddressJoined by Lt. Governor Matt Denn, Office of Management and Budget Director Ann Visalli and Department of Finance Secretary Tom Cook, Governor Markell presented his FY14 budget presentation in Dover on Thursday, January 24, 2013.January 25, 2013
- Governor Proposes Investments in Job Growth, Stronger Schools while Governing ResponsiblyGovernor Jack Markell unveiled a balanced budget proposal that invests in jobs, education and the safety and well-being of our children. His budget keeps the focus on core commitments such as healthcare and public safety and ensures continued fiscal responsibility.January 24, 2013