Posts tagged with “health”
- Three Delaware Schools to be Awarded Brand New Live Positively Fitness CentersGovernor Markell along with Jake Steinfeld, Chairman of the National Foundation for Governors’ Fitness Councils, announced the names of the winning schools that will each receive a state-of-the-art Live PositivelyTM Fitness Center as part of the National Champion Schools campaign.June 10, 2013
- Delaware moves from 10th to 5th among Bicycle Friendly StatesIn honor of National Bike Month, the League of American Bicyclists today released its latest Bicycle Friendly States ranking. In the sixth annual assessment, Delaware achieved a fifth place ranking nationally, while placing number one in the northeastern United States.May 1, 2013
- Delaware Cancer Mortality Rate Falls AgainThe Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) announced progress in the battle against cancer in the first state. The DHSS Cancer Incidence and Mortality report for the years 2005-2009 is the most comprehensive cancer data report in the state. April 30, 2013
- Delaware Jumps 21 Slots In National Wellness RankingDelaware advanced 21 slots on the national Gallup Healthways Well-being Index from ranking 47 in 2011 to 26 in 2012.March 1, 2013
- Delaware Public Health: Safe Flood Clean Up GuidelinesThe Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) offers important guidelines for during and after a flood.
October 30, 2012
- Division of Public to Open Two Medical Needs Shelters at William Penn and Cape Henlopen High SchoolsDHSS Press Release Date: October 27, 2012 DHSS-122-2012 Rita Landgraf, Secretary Jill Fredel, Director of Communications 302-255-9047, Pager 302-357-7498 Email: email@example.com The Delaware Division of Public Health announced today that it will open two medical needs shelters on Sunday, October 29, 2012 at noon Sunday at William Penn High School, 713 E. Basin Road, New [...]October 27, 2012
- Settlement Reached in Overprescribing CaseSecretary of State Jeffrey Bullock has signed an order to accept a consent decree setting forth numerous requirements that Dr. Patrick Titus must satisfy before he is allowed to resume prescribing controlled substances.
April 17, 2012
- DHSS Seeks Comment on State Plan on Aging at Public Hearings This MonthThe Delaware Health and Social Services’ Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities will seek public comment on its proposed State Plan on Aging covering October 2012 through September 2015.April 12, 2012
- Number of Delaware Farmers’ Markets Rises DramaticallyDelaware’s farmers’ market season will kick off bigger and better than ever this month, with the number of markets selling farm-fresh produce around the state substantially increased over last year.April 3, 2012
- Legislative Study Group Issues Recommendations To Improve Child Mental Health ServicesA special committee charged by the General Assembly with assessingchild mental health services in Kent and Sussex County, with a focus on child victims of sexual assault, delivered its findings and recommendations today. The recommendations include the recruitment of new mental health professionals to Sussex County, training for clinicians in detection and treatment of trauma in children, and improved case management of mental health services for children.March 12, 2012