- Governor Signs Gun Background Check Bill Surrounded by law enforcement, advocates for gun safety and lawmakers from both parties, Governor Jack Markell signed House Bill 35, the most significant piece of gun safety legislation in Delaware in decades.
May 8, 2013
- Biden unveils new measures to combat prescription drug abuse May 2, 2013
- DNREC Secretary O’Mara suspends permit for Mike Davidson Enterprises, LLC resource recovery facility DNREC Secretary Collin O’Mara has suspended a permit for Mike Davidson Enterprises, LLC that allowed the resource recovery facility to accept, process, and recycle construction and demolition waste. The suspension was handed down via Secretary’s Order after the company failed to address repeated environmental violations and after Mike Davidson Enterprises, LLC discounted a cease and desist order issued by DNREC. The Secretary’s Order prohibits the facility, located west of Camden in Kent County, from accepting any solid waste including recyclable materials and requires Mike Davidson Enterprises, LLC to take steps to protect public health and the environment.May 2, 2013
- Hockessin Man Charged with Dealing in Child Pornography May 1, 2013
- Lt. Joe Szczerba Honored Posthumously with Congressional Badge of Bravery U.S. Senators Tom Carper and Chris Coons, U.S. Congressman John Carney, and U.S. Attorney Charles M. Oberly, III, presented the family of fallen Officer Joseph L. Szczerba with the Congressional Badge of Bravery Award.April 22, 2013
- Biden, legislators unveil measure to expand protections against dangerous persons with guns April 22, 2013
- Delaware Senate Passes Gun Background Check Bill Following the passage of House Bill 35 by the Delaware Senate by a 13-8 margin, Governor Jack Markell thanked members of the General Assembly for their leadership in passing the most significant piece of gun safety legislation in Delaware in decades.April 18, 2013
- Delaware to Assist Manufactured Homeowners The new Manufactured Housing Assistance Program (MHAP) has been made available through Delaware Homeowner Relief — a partnership of the Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) and the Delaware Attorney General’s Office.April 15, 2013
- Biden Marks Child Abuse Prevention Month, Announces Indictments of Millsboro Men on Child Pornography Charges April 2, 2013
- Experienced Trial Attorney Appointed as Chief New Castle County Prosecutor March 25, 2013
- Biden’s Office Secures Indictment Following Investor Fraud Investigation Attorney General Beau Biden today announced that the Delaware Department of Justice Securities Division has obtained an indictment charging a New Castle County man with theft, securities fraud, and tax evasion following its investigation of a scheme to defraud investors out of nearly one million dollars. March 21, 2013
- Man Charged with Perjury For Providing False Information About 2011 Wilmington Homicide Prosecutors have obtained an indictment charging a central witness to a 2011 Wilmington homicide with perjury and lying to law enforcement after he recently recanted earlier statements he made about the crime to police and on the stand at trialMarch 19, 2013
- Having Secured Multiple Life Sentences for the Sexual Abuse of Children, Biden Announces End to Criminal Prosecution of Earl Bradley Following the conviction and lifetime prison sentence for child rapist Earl Bradley, and after successfully defending that conviction on appeal to the Delaware Supreme Court, Attorney General Beau Biden announced today that he has decided to spare the victims who are represented by the remaining indictment against the former Lewes pediatrician by ending that case before it goes to trial.
March 18, 2013
- Biden’s Office to Host Housing Workshops with Mortgage Lenders Seven of the nation’s largest mortgage lenders will meet with Delaware homeowners who face the loss of their homes during statewide workshops next week, Attorney General Beau Biden announced today. March 14, 2013
- Biden Orders Halt to Profitable Sunrise Investment Scheme in Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden today announced that his office has issued an order prohibiting the operators of an international online investment scheme from selling investments in Delaware. March 14, 2013
Click here to access press releases issued prior to August 2012.