Click here for: Prior Urban and Community Grant Winners
Completed applications should be mailed to:
Delaware Forest Service Urban and Community Forestry Grant Program
2320 S. DuPont Highway, Dover, DE 19901
Examples of activities eligible for grant funding can include:
- Tree Planting
- Hazard Tree Mitigation
- Development of a Professional Tree Inventory
Funds can only be utilized on public property owned by the municipality, HOA, or nonprofit organization.
2016 Urban and Community Grant Application Materials
- 2016 Tree Grant Requirements (MS Word)
- 2016 Urban and Community Grant Application (MS Word)
- 2016 Volunteer Tracker (MS Excel)
- Contact Information
- Project Description
- Qualified Match
- Work Summary (Three Bids on Letterhead or Copy of Signed Contract)
- Site Map with tree species and locations identified by address
- Signature Page
To be considered for ranking, applications needed to clearly and concisely address the required elements.
All grants are ranked according to the following criteria:
- Overall project quality/community need
- Project encourages sustainable urban forestry through management planning, proper tree care or sustaining/ maintaining urban tree canopy.
- The project mitigates tree hazard(s) – applicable only for management grants
- Increases tree canopy – applicable only for planting grants
- Applicant has worked with DFS on a project to address DFS state forest strategies
- Municipality has an implemented an Urban Tree Canopy Goal Resolution (Municipalities) or is a current Tree Friendly Community
The Delaware Forest Service’s Urban and Community Forestry Program is committed to providing a range of technical and informational assistance to residents of communities in the First State.
For more information, contact:
Kesha Braunskill, Delaware Forest Service (DFS) Urban Forestry Administrator
Office: (302) 659-6704 or (302) 698-4578, Kesha.Braunskill@state.de.us