State of Delaware - Search and Services/Information
- Governor's Weekly Message Transcript: Celebrating Success in Education Through Race To The Top Last fall, here at Mount Pleasant High School, I joined the President of the College Board to announce a first-in-the-nation effort to address a national problem. 2014-04-11 12:00:31
- Governor's Weekly Message: Celebrating Success in Education through Race To The TopIn his weekly message, filmed at Mount Pleasant High School in Wilmington, Governor Markell highlights improvements made to Delaware’s education system in the four years since the implementation of Race To The Top.
- Governor's Weekly Message: Revitalizing Downtown Areas in Delaware CitiesIn his weekly message, filmed at the Schwartz Center for the Arts in Dover, Governor Markell discusses his Downtown Development Districts initiative, meant to revitalize downtown areas in Delaware's cities.2014-04-04 10:42:38
- Governor's Weekly Message Transcript: Revitalizing Downtown Areas in Delaware CitiesThe opportunities available to Delawareans depend in large part upon whether our cities are safe and vibrant. 2014-04-04 10:28:03
- Governor's Weekly Message: Recognizing Innovative STEM EducatorsGovernor Markell discusses the growing need for workers trained in STEM fields – science, technology engineering and math – and a new effort by the State and the STEM Council to recognize innovative STEM educators who are teaching the necessary skills to tomorrow’s workforce. 2014-03-28 02:11:47
- Governor's Weekly Message Transcript: Recognizing Innovative STEM EducatorsThe jobs created in our 21st century economy increasingly require a high level of skills in the STEM fields – science, technology, engineering and math. 2014-03-28 02:06:29
- Governor's Weekly Message Transcript: Finding Solutions to Address the Addiction EpidemicOne of our themes for 2014 is unleashing the potential of every Delawarean. We’re focused on creating the best possible education and job opportunities, and on strengthening our infrastructure to attract businesses while making our transportation and water systems safer. 2014-03-21 12:00:49
- Governor's Weekly Message: Finding Solutions to Address the Addiction Epidemic In his weekly message, Governor Markell highlights the importance of addressing the addiction epidemic in Delaware through education and prevention, as well as treatment and recovery programs.2014-03-21 12:00:16
- Governor's Weekly Message: Transportation Investments Bring Jobs to DelawareIn his weekly message, filmed at the South Coastal Library in Bethany Beach, Governor Markell discusses how investments in the state’s transportation network will bring thousands of jobs to Delaware.
- Governor's Weekly Message Transcript: Transportation Investments Bring Jobs to DelawareDelaware job growth is outpacing the nation and our unemployment rate has fallen, yet many hardworking Delawareans are still looking for work. One part of the economy hit especially hard by the recession was construction, and we have an opportunity to give workers in that industry a chance to get back on the job.2014-03-14 10:35:50
- Governor's Weekly Message Transcript: Investing in Clean Water for Delaware's FutureWater is a fundamental part of everything we do. It’s the foundation of our tourism industry. It’s critical to the success of agriculture and manufacturing. And, of course, it’s essential to our health.
- Governor's Weekly Message: Investing in Clean Water for Delaware’s FutureIn his weekly message, Governor Markell explains the importance of investing in Clean Water for Delaware's Future and the positive impact the investments would have on the State's economy.2014-03-07 12:29:59
- Governor's Weekly Message: Announcing Enhancements to Early Childhood Programs In his weekly message, filmed at St. Michael’s School and Nursery in Wilmington, Governor Markell announces enhancements to help more early childhood programs receive high ratings and make it easier for disadvantaged kids to get the best care. 2014-02-28 12:31:42
- Governor's Weekly Message Transcript: Announcing Enhancements to Early Childhood Programs We can’t wait for kindergarten to start preparing our children for success. Ninety percent of their brain development happens by age five and quality early care results in better educated, healthier, and more productive adults. That’s why we’ve made access to high quality early childhood programs a top priority, by setting standards for what it means to be a top program and helping our best centers serve families that can’t afford to attend. Our investments are paying off. 2014-02-28 12:30:31
- Governor's Weekly Message: Partnering with Colleges and Universities to Train a Competitive Workforce In his weekly message, filmed at the Theodore C. Freeman Powerplant Education Building in Georgetown, Governor Markell highlights the valuable role colleges and universities play in building the economy and preparing Delaware’s workforce for jobs of the future.2014-02-21 12:00:59