Category “Division of the Arts”
- Pastel artist Nicholas Serratore to display landscape paintings in Mezzanine Gallery in DecemberThis solo exhibition of Nicholas Serratore’s work will feature landscapes in which he uses pastels to render seemingly commonplace views with dramatic color and energy. December 3, 2012
- Fiber artist Virginia Abrams to display art quilts in the Mezzanine Gallery in NovemberThis solo exhibition of Virginia Abrams’ work will feature art quilts with abstract designs inspired by observations of the natural world. November 1, 2012
- William Bretzger to display photographs from Friday Night Football and Gettysburg Series in Mezzanine GalleryThis solo exhibition features photographs which range from landscapes of battlefields to the off-the-field action at a football game to scenic fields local to Bretzger's home of Wilmington. October 3, 2012
- The Art$ Mean Bu$iness – Arts and Economic Prosperity is the Theme of October EventDelaware artists, arts administrators, community leaders, educators, elected officials, and citizens speaking up for the arts will convene for a special presentation, The Art$ Mean Bu$iness, on October 2nd at 3 p.m. at Dover’s Schwartz Center for the Arts. September 13, 2012
- Sally Van Orden’s Silk Paintings in the Mezzanine Gallery in SeptemberThis solo exhibition will showcase imagery that suggests fossil laboratory slides, samples and cross-sections depicted in painting on silk and three dimensional works.September 5, 2012
- Artist Cassie Lawn Walker to Display a “Menagerie of Oddities” in the Mezzanine Gallery in AugustThis solo exhibition of Cassie Lawn Walker’s work will showcase illustrative paintings which explore her love of collecting vintage toys, along with her influences from the growing underground scene of Pop Surrealism and Urban Street Art.
July 26, 2012
- Delaware Division of the Arts invests $1.4 million in the arts sector for Fiscal Year 2013The Delaware Division of the Arts announces the awarding of $1.4 million in grants for Fiscal Year 2013 to support nearly 100 arts initiatives throughout the state. Twenty-five communities across Delaware will receive grants to support arts programming and services, education, and related marketing and promotion.
July 25, 2012
- Abstract paintings by Katie Lillard in the Mezzanine Gallery in JulyThis solo exhibition of Katie Lillard’s work will showcase paintings which capture the lavish colors and light that is all around us. The artist looks to create a visual experience for the viewer that embodies the sensation of dreaming.
June 28, 2012
- Division of the Arts Announces the Winner of Delaware’s 2012 Poetry Out Loud ContestElizabeth Landon, a junior from Wilmington Christian School, won Delaware’s Poetry Out Loud state competition on March 13, 2012. Ms. Landon will represent Delaware in the National Finals in Washington, DC, in May.March 15, 2012